"We liked [our nurse] and feel she went out of her way to get things done for us on getting the waiver changed. And followed up on Dr. prescription we need for equipment. [Our nurse] was always so helpful and pleasant to talk with."
Services May Include:
- Conducting a Comprehensive Assessment of each client’s situation.
- Listening to you explain your health history and concerns.
- Obtain, review and explain your medical records, including organizing records prior to medical appointments.
- Developing a personalized Plan of Care listing high quality, cost effective care options and costs.
- Implementing the Plan of Care chosen by the client/family.
- Adjusting the Plan of Care as needed.
- Providing advocacy for doctor, dental and hospital appointments.
- Help in understanding medical information and obtaining a clear diagnosis.
- Discussing your concerns about appropriateness of treatment or health plan restrictions.
- Seek options for evaluation and treatment of your health concerns.
- Helping obtain new physician(s) or second medical opinions.
- Helping choose a new living environment and arranging a move, both within and outside Minnesota.
- Helping complete health care directives (living will…).
- Helping obtain home health equipment and supplies.
- Provide health teaching and implementing preventative strategies.
- Intervene with your health insurance provider.
To Get More Information or to Decide if Matrix is Right for You – Call Us and We Will:
- Discuss the client’s situation with you at no charge – on the phone or in person – to determine if we can be helpful to you, and if we can’t, we will refer you to other agencies.
- If requested, provide references from current or former clients.
- Provide a written fee schedule and explain how we charge for services.
If You Decide to Use Us We Will:
- Request a signed Service Agreement prior to beginning service.
- Ensure the confidentiality of client information at all times.
- Provide only those services authorized by the client/responsible party.
- Provide regular verbal and written reports documenting our findings, recommendations and actions.
- Foster the client’s autonomy, well-being and safety at all times.
- Consider the client’s family an integral part of the client’s Plan of Care.
We Will Not:
- Benefit financially from any referral we make to community services.
- Provide financial management or fiduciary services.
- Act as guardians or conservators.
- Make a medical diagnosis.
- Determine fault or legal liability.
- Accept gifts or tips from clients.
- Provide services we are not qualified to provide.
- Make decisions for you.