Matrix Home Health Care Specialists Has Many Great Employment Opportunities For Excellent Care Providers!
We are a growing Comprehensive Home Health Care Agency that provides home care assistance to elderly and disabled adults throughout the Twin Cities metro area for those who live at home or in a supportive care setting.
We are proud to have been voted by our team members as a Star Tribune Top Workplace for the second year in a row. This annual award is based on an anonymous survey of our team members administered by Workplace Dynamics. The results are compared nationally against other companies of similar size who provide similar services as Matrix.
We are always accepting applications from qualified individuals. Our unique ‘team’ approach to home care allows for a better experience for both the client and the caregiver. Caregivers work consistently with other team members on each case assuring that the client receives the very best care possible. Each client has a registered nurse care manager who oversees the client’s needs and care requirements and provides caregivers with supervision, training and direction. We hire for a variety of positions that meet the many different schedules of each of our clients, RNs and caregivers.
PLEASE NOTE that while we offer flexible scheduling we are not a staffing agency. Our assumption is that applicants want to work some number of hours on a regular basis and are available to work shifts every other weekend. For specific inquiries or questions please contact our HR Coordinator at 952.641.5003.
Thank you for visiting ourEmployment page. We are very pleased that you have chosen to explore the possibility of joining our team!
Home Care RN / RN Care Manager – Registered Nurses are responsible for assessing client needs, developing care plans, coordinating care, health advocacy, medication set up and supervising caregivers for our care management and home care clients. In most cases, the RN can develop her/his own schedule and our web-based tools allow the freedom to work remotely provided they have internet access. The RN has the flexibility to choose the number of clients they serve allowing them to set the number of hours worked per week. We match the RN with clients by geographic area whenever possible to limit the amount of travel to/from clients. RNs are compensated for travel time and mileage.
The RN Care Manager is the primary contact for the client and family where developing a strong relationship is as important as providing excellent care. RNs act independently, with little oversight, and are responsible for providing direction to the home health aides who care for the client. Ideal candidates are passionate for helping others, have sufficient nursing experience to recognize health issues and changes in health conditions and demonstrate the knowledge and ability to act accordingly. We are looking for self starters with good organizational and time management skills, and supervisory experience is beneficial.
The RN Care Manager is a rewarding career that allows you a unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others as you work directly with clients and develop lasting relationships with their families. If you are a Registered Nurse interested in joining a great team with a flexible schedule and the freedom to work from home, please contact our Recruitment Coordinator at 952-641-5003 and/or send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Minnesota Registered Nurse licensure
- Bachelor Degree or higher in nursing
- Public Health Nursing certification a plus
- 7 or more years of experience in adult medical/surgical care or equivalent
- Gerontological nursing experience preferred
- Case Management , Home Health or Community health nursing experience preferred
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Professional manner and appearance
- Very good computer skills including typing and working knowledge of MS Office and email
- Excellent references from previous employers and other professionals
LPN – Licensed Practical Nurses provide skilled nursing services including medication administration, Insulin assistance, wound care and dressing changes, catheter care, post operative assistance, etc. They also provide personal care assistance similar to the HHA for those clients who want that level of care.
HHA/CNA – Home Health Aides or Certified Nursing Assistants provide personal care assistance to our clients including dressing, bathing, grooming, eating, walking, transferring, toileting, and medication reminders, they also often provide Companion/Homemaker services. All prospective Home Health Aides employed by Matrix Home Health Care Specialists must be currently registered as a CNA in the state of Minnesota.
Companion/Homemaker – Companions and Homemakers provide non-medical assistance to the client in a variety of ways. Some of the services that a homemaker/companion may provide include companionship, transportation on outings, meal preparation, cleaning, shopping, housekeeping, laundry, household organization, etc.
- Companion/Homemakers must have at least one year of home care or equivalent experience.
- CNA or LPN must have current certification or licensure and previous home health care experience is preferred
- Professional, neat appearance and manners
- Reliable and industrious
- Good communication skills
- Dependable transportation
- Excellent references from previous employers and other professionals
- Hourly Day/Evening Shifts – Depending on the client needs these shifts can be as little as 4 hours a day one day a week but are typically 8 to 12 hours a day several days a week.
- Asleep Overnight Shifts – These shifts are typically 8 hour shifts. Caregivers may sleep during the shift, but may be required to get up for short periods during the night to assist the client with their needs. This shift can also be combined with 4 awake hours to make a 12 hour shift.
- Awake Overnight Shifts – These shifts are typically 8-12 hour shifts. Caregivers are awake during the night to assist the client with their needs.
- Live-in HHA/CNA/LPN – Live-in caregivers stay with a client and “live-in” the client’s home for several days at a time. Caregivers work a rotating schedule with other live-in caregivers. Caregivers are asleep during the night, but may be required to get up for short periods to assist the client with their needs.
- On-call Hourly HHA/CNA – Weekend 12 hour day/evening shifts and 12-hour awake overnight shifts available. This position requires significant flexibility in scheduling and travel. Employee receives a stipend for being on-call and receives regular compensation for all shifts worked.
Matrix Home Health Care Specialists offers a variety of ways to complete your continuing education requirements including online webinars, annual group in-services, and personal instruction and coaching. Continuing education credits are paid for by Matrix and in many cases can be completed during regular working hours.
- Excellent compensation
- Free ongoing continuing education
- Paid vacation time
- FT employee health benefit
- PT employee voluntary benefit (Dental, Life/ADD, Disability, Accident)
- 125 Flex plan
- 401K plan
Completed applications can be returned to our Recruitment Coordinator via fax to 952-525-0506 or via email email@example.com. For specific inquiries or questions please contact our Recruitment Coordinator at 952.641.5003.