"[My nurse] does a great job with my dad. She has really been there when I needed her, especially in emergency type situations."
Matrix Home Health Care Specialists is a privately owned, local, licensed home health care agency serving seniors and disabled individuals throughout the Twin Cities Metro area (see our ‘Service Area‘ page).
Matrix home caregivers (LPNs, CNAs, or HHAs) are available to serve you on a private pay basis up to 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Matrix home caregivers have been specially trained and have experience in providing end of life care.
When To Call Matrix For Extended Hour End of Life Care
Some families choose to call Matrix to make advance preparations before additional at home health care assistance is actually needed. Matrix Home Health Care Specialists providers are often called upon to supplement family care in the following instances:
- When a person’s family is unable to provide the necessary care alone (e.g., an elderly spouse or physically or emotionally exhausted family member).
- When a terminally ill patient does not have family or family is not close by.
- When a person would like to remain at home until the end of their life.
- When family members need respite or assistance with their loved one’s care so that they may tend to personal or family needs or while they are at work or school.
- When the person needs care around the clock and the family cannot manage overnight care.
How Does Matrix End Of Life Care Work?
The Matrix care team works collaboratively with your current provider to supplement care for your loved one with extended hour at home health care options.
Matrix caregivers have been trained to provide comfort care, administer medications, observe for symptom changes and offer family support.
Each Matrix caregiver is supervised and trained to your loved one’s individualized plan of care by a Matrix RN Care Manager.
When there are questions about your loved one, a change in condition or a need to update the plan of care, the Matrix home caregivers will contact the nursing Care Manager, who is available 24 hours a day.